Yesterday Wick-it dropped some new tunage that VIBE described as ”a dubbed out moomba-mash-up that would make Bob Marley happy, Bassnectar proud and Bone Thugs give props.” Be sure to grab the FREE DL for this below and always remember to Let The Beat Drop.
Wik-it the Instigator : We Have Arrived (Re-Spliffed)
Hold on to summer with this bouncy mash-up from Wick-it the Instigator . The genre-bending producer from Nashville has a handful of tracks that we love, so we added a few extra that he released a while back. Enjoy!
Here’s a brand new Summertime mix from our very own South Carolina DJ and always promising by bringing listeners his favorite old school in with the new school. Opening with a monologue from Workaholics gets you right in the mood to start your pool party and get the stereo bumpin. It’s DJ C.Nile homie!
DJ C.Nile : Vitamin C : Download/Play on iPhone
The electropop fivesome dropped their first single “Take A Walk,” off their upcoming Gossamer album due out July 24. As it streamed the Internet with its ambient summer energy it caught the Canadian trio’s emotions as they drop the official remix today. Enter the M Machine, who step up while busy on the Language Tour with Porter Robinson and Mat Zo make new value and an entirely different perspective to the original.
Passion Pit : Take A Walk (The M Machine Remix) :
The New York based duo drops an explosive remix of “The Keepers” and it is saucy. The Knocks known for their remixes will not disappoint with this Santigold track. #TGIF
Santigold : The Keepers (The Knocks Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Adventure Club gives us a brand new original track to bring us into this Friday night. The track has a great balance of vocals from pop sensation Kai, and of synth breakdowns and multiple builds to create a super dope bass-filled banger.
Adventure Club : Need Your Heart Ft. Kai : Download/Play on iPhone
Borgore has gone viral with his ‘Bitches Love Cake’ movement and his “Decisions” single, which has racked up half a million YouTube views in one week. Already a fair balance of electro and dubstep, “Decisions” sees new life with the release of its own EP. Remixes come from Cedric Gervais, who provides the club feel which turns into a head banger.
Borgore : Decisions : Download/Play on iPhone
Borgore : Decisions (Cedric Gervias Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Chumbawamba : Tubthumping (Manic Focus Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Martin Solveig has made lots of noise on his Night Out EP with tons of people remixing “The Night Out” and being a worldwide hit on the charts. Now it’s time to bump it up a notch with his “Ready To Go” SHE version that is a nice happy electro tune he brings to this whole EP. If you haven’t already, check out his new album on iTunes and make sure to follow him below. He is one of the few big names who regularly posts stuff on his Soundcloud.
Follow Martin Solveig here.
Two new remixes of “New Lands” surfaced the internet and today I have them both for you. Ed Banger Records will be releasing Justice’s New Lands EP later this month featuring remixes by Falcon and SebastiAn. A-Trak adds very crisp drums, and a laser synth line to produce what is an already bigger track even bigger. Enjoy his remix for streaming and download SebastiAn’s remix below.
Justice : New Lands (SebastiAn Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Wik-It The Instigator makes hell of remixes and to do one to “Jump” goes to show you how far his talent goes on the turntables. He is always about the party and crowd rockin is the remix + The Weathermaker EP out now for free download!
Van Halen : Jump (Wik-It Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Back to the farm we go!
The 11th annual Bonnaroo (derived from the French words bon (good) & rue (street) meaning “a good time”) kicks off this week, and we couldn’t be more excited. The festival gets knocked for booking “mainstream” artists, but if that means seeing Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phish, Radiohead, and the Beach Boys in the same weekend then we can’t complain. In addition to a stellar group of headliners, the fest has put together a pretty eclectic lineup (see: Big Gigantic, Bon Iver, Dispatch, Aziz Ansari, the Avett Brothers, SBTRKT, Ludacris, Foster the People, the Shins, Childish Gambino, Skrillex, Umphrey’s McGee, Black Star, and many more.)
Like any epic adventure, preparation is key. We’ve put together our list of the best artists you (probably) haven’t seen, must-brings, and must-do’s:
BEST ARTISTS YOU (PROBABLY) HAVEN’T SEEN
I Don’t Understand It :
Big Mouth :
• Brenton Duvall (Silent Disco set)
Silly Girl (Neon Hitch vs Wiz Khalifa) :
• The Cave Singers
Dancing On Our Graves :
• The Dirty Guv’nahs
We’ll Be The Light :
• Kendrick Lamar
Look Out For Detox :
Roses and Clover :
• Das Racist
Rainbow In The Dark :
• Alabama Shakes
Hold On :
Atomic Peace :
Some Nights :
• Rodrigo y Gabriela and C.U.B.A
Must See :
• Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk
• SUPERJAM: this is a must-see every year as the festival brings legendary artists together for a show you only get one chance to see (previous Superjams: Ben Harper, ?uestlove [the Roots], and John Paul Jones [Led Zeppelin] and last year’s with Dan Auerbach [the Black Keys] and Dr. John)
• Sunscreen/Battery-Powered Fans (it’s HOT)
• Large Cooler – packed with dry ice beneath water bottles that will freeze and act as ice for your beer etc. or a truly refreshing bottle of water (you CANNOT bring enough water)
• Balloon/Flag – mark your campsite or bring it in to keep from losing your rowdy crowd inside Centeroo.
• Gas – fill your car just before entering; the occasional time spent with the AC cranked will be worth 10X the cost of the gas.
• Food – bring snacks (goldfish, fruit rollups, granola bars, etc.) NOT food that you’ll need to keep cold all weekend; the food inside the fest is delicious and relatively inexpensive.
• Spray Paint – the entire wall surrounding Centeroo is your canvas…whether it’s your initials or a full-fledged mural, the fest encourages everyone to make their mark.
• Tapestry/Blanket – use it to mark your spot as you wait on artists to take the stage…tapestries work best, as they are large but pretty lightweight.
• CamelBak – again, can’t stress the water thing enough.
• TP – let’s face it…you will have to brave the porta-potties, and often they end up toilet-paperless so it’s always good to carry a roll in your pack.
• Jacket/Rain jacket – I know it seems weird since it’s so hot during the day, but in the mountains it can get pretty chilly and/or rainy quickly.
• Small LED Flashlight
• Wander to music you wouldn’t normally find in your headphones; you may discover your new favorite artist.
• Remember that it’s a music AND arts festival, so take advantage of the artistic offerings that cover the festival and camp grounds (see: yarn maze, giant teepee, the Centeroo wall, and Shakedown St.)
• Silent Disco – headphones on: raging with your friends to a notable DJ…headphones off: hilarious watching those same people rage in what appears to be total silence. (see Brenton Duvall and Mark Foster of Foster the People)
• Mushroom Fountain – not only is it refreshing, but fewer places at the festival (or the world for that matter) have more smiling faces…just make sure you hit it early in the weekend as it gets a little dirty.
• Go to one show in the Comedy Theatre (we recommend Brian Posehn, Aziz Ansari, and Reggie Watts)
• Ride the Ferris Wheel (ideally, once during the day and once at night)
• Sonic Stage – great place to catch artists in an intimate setting (Dawes, Gary Clark Jr., Trampled by Turtles, ALO, etc.)
• The Pit – get there early enough for one show on the What or Which stages and walk to the front left or right and get in line to get into the pit for the big show you most want to see.
Written By : Peter Burrous
Coachella was a success as usual but the event that made it all an epic experience would be the one of Tupac. He killed it performing live with Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre as he came to life using 3D Mapping. Technology is a beautiful thing and they seemed to portal what is yet to come from the music industry.
R.I.P Don Cornelius
Don Cornelius, the smooth-voiced television host who brought us “Soul Train” was pronounced dead at 75 in Los Angeles Wednesday morning. Police found him with a gunshot wound to his head, which appeared to be self-inflicted. “Soul Train” created an outlet for black artists in spreading the music of black America to the world, offering wide exposure to musicians like James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye and Michael Jackson in the 1970’s and 80’s. Mr. Cornelius was a former disc jockey and created “Soul Train” in the 70’s for Chicago TV and served as its writer, producer and host. After becoming a local sensation he then moved out to Los Angeles to broadcast nationally, beginning a 35-year run in syndication. Mr. Cornelius has been a major icon and today we are paying a tribute to what they called “the hippest trip in America”.
Additional Listening :
Ashan’I : Classic Funk’in Live Mini Mix : Download/Play on iPhone
Marvin Gaye : Sexual Healing (Euneverse Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Avicii and Pixel Chesse vs Marvin Gaye : I Heard It Through the Garpevine (esquire Bootleg) : Download/Play on iPhone
St. Lucia : We Got It Wrong (Xaphoon Jones Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
The musical trio, Beats Antique is an experimental world fusion and electronic music group. Combining live instrumentation and seductive performance, built of brass bands and glitch, with string quartets and dubstep; its no wonder they are growing like wildfire. Take a listen to their newest Bassnectar remix!
Bassnectar : Voodoo (Beats Antique Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
We see you Hawaii and we want to congratulate the Chrissie Oh as FreshOnTap’s fan of the week, we’ll be hooking you up with a free FOT t-shirt in the next couple of days. Everyone else, remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for your chance in the drawing to win next week’s fan of the week. If you can’t wait that long to get your hands on some FOT gear, check out our online store here or on the menu in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Now…Let the beat drop!
John Burcham has been moving bodies and turning heads for several years now, but is recently showcasing some sick multi- tempo Bass Music. His theory behind music is a journey that doesn’t visit the same place twice, building excitement for what’s next not because you can anticipate, but because you’ve never been there before. I strongly advise you to take part in this journey through Psymbionic’s latest remixes and his brand Steven Jacobs- Hold It Together remix that we bring to you as a live stream. If you love it support him and click the buy link on this one!
Red Hot Chili Peppers : Give It Away (Psymbionic Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Beastie Boys : Intergalactic (Psymbionic Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Psymbionic : Space By Night ft. Chromeo : Download/Play on iPhone
Loui Rose Allen also known as Foxes is Neon Gold Records’ latest project, and her single “Youth” is a fresh new vocal the twenty-two year old dropped that many producers are eating up. This means creative minds are cooking up some super nice remixes here and “Youth” is the perfect vocal recipe to creating an amazing treat for all of us to hear. FOT brings you 2 brand new remixes of “Youth” by some favorite young producers of 2012.
Foxes : Youth (Pyramid Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Foxes : Youth (Adventure Club Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Daft Punk : Something About Us (Psymbiotic Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Daft Punk : Technologic (Scary Toys Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Swag Saturday : Stuntin Like Mufasa + Booty Man + Events Page
Something to brighten your Saturday late night and Sunday funday! Check out our new Events Page in the upper right hand corner to keep you posted on all of your favorite artist coming your way.
djDOYOU : Stuntin Like Mufasa ft. Lil Wayne & Birdman : Download/Play on iPhone
Tim Wilson : Booty Man : Download/Play on iPhone
Today I’ve got two very chill hip-hop tracks by Snoop & Wiz, as well as a Drake remix by The Academy Productions. Drake’s lyrics are known for being remixed by a lot of producers, but Academy Productions puts it together perfectly with some old school vibes.
Snoop Dog & Wiz Khalifa : 630 : Download/Play on iPhone
Drake : It’s Never Over (The Academy Productions Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Take a step back today with the old schoolers, straight shooters, and Shag away as I bring you the classics remixed.
The Doors : Peace Frog (The Captain Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Ray Charles : What I’d Say (Bobby C Sound TV Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Hall and Oats : You Make My Dreams (DJ Wood Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
The Clash : Train in Vain (Bobby C Sound TV Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone
Carlos Santana : Got to Change (Your Evil Ways) (The Captain Remix) : Download/Play on iPhone